Here is a easy new flip to Sloppy Joes that will have your family begging for more.
What you need:
- 1 lb of ground meat
- 1 onion, finely chopped up
- 1/2 cup pepper, finely chopped up
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1 pkg of taco seasoning mix
- 4 slices of Texas toast white sandwich bread
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 cup of Mexican style shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro (Remember that most food markets sell herbs already chopped up)
Brown meat with your onions and peppers in a large skillet. Stir in tomatoes and taco seasoning; shimmer on med-low heat for 15 minutes. Or until slightly thickened. Stir occasionally. Meanwhile, toast bread
Add corn to meat mixture; cook and stir for 3 more minutes. Or until heat through.
Serve over toast slices topped with cheese and cilantro.